R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya Ta06
Thread: Tamiya Ta06
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 04:01 AM
SteveM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jdawg81
That's good to hear. I have been deciding if I should get the RSector kit or not because I wasn't sure if this car was worth spending any more money on. There's also the VBC converstion kit that looks nice but is also much more expensive. Do you have a good setup for this car in VTA? If this car with the RSector conversion is competitive enough to keep up with the Xrays and other higher end cars then I might end up using this for VTA and use my TRF418 for touring 17.5 blinky.
The TA-06 is a nice chassis, but it has too much drive line friction compared to my Schumacher Mi5 and Spec-R R1. This chassis was one that I never considered buying, but when a local racer decided to sell it and for a low price I was happy to take it off his hands to make it into a VTA ride just for fun.

The VBC chassis looks nice and so does the one from Exotek. The RSector is chassis is pretty good and hard to beat considering the $60 price. The RSector includes several aluminum parts and even a cooling fan and once built-up looks sharp.

I use a spool in front and a gear diff in the rear with 2000 weight fluid. TRF shocks with the Tamiya shock oil.