R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Project RC BMW ///M3
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2014, 10:36 AM
ViperZ
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It's been awhile since I've worked on this project. I've started painted the E92, but wouldn't you know it, I ran out of paint.... It's a custom blend of Parma Florescent Orange, and Fastorange in an attempt to replicate the E92 GTR/M3.

So while I get some more paint, I've started constructing the next car for this project, the Associated TC6.1 World's Car. This is the first 1/10 Competition grade TC kit I've built, and I have to say it's darn addicting! I've already been thinking of getting another TC kit, just so I can keep constructing

I'm amazed at how many parts are in these things! With out a doubt, there is truth to so many reasons and excuses to lose! None of my 1/8ths or other RC's have this level of complexity designed into it. That being said this is nicely executed, and it's nice to see how it all comes together. Everything just bolts into place, unlike the freelancing required in RC Airplane construction

This TC6.1 was originally slated as a chassis for the E46, however, once it is complete and pictures for the completed project is done, I will likely turn it into a VTA racer or GT class car. Now I just need another chassis for the Stock class racing.

Who doesn't like a box packed full of goodies?

That's a lot of parts! Thankfully they are all nicely bagged and labeled for sequenced construction

Shocks, spool, diff, CVD's and A-Arm construction done, that's still a crap load of parts on the table and in bags yet to be opened, I called it a day

This morning results

Nearly at the end of the tunnel. I think I'll take a break and go enjoy the outdoors.

Here is the E92 I ran out of paint on...