R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 07-19-2014, 06:07 PM
Shark413
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hcopp
Im with Wildcat on this one (even being totally new to this game) - I busted a turnbuckle and bought shorted ti rods and new cups and there is no way I pushed them through too hard and they bind like hell. While I don't think it affects the suspension in any way they definitely are sticky. This was on a new kit as well as replacement cups fresh off the shelves. They are too tight, and I ordered a reamer to see how that goes.
Hcopp, it does matter. A binding cup, especially as bad as mine were binding, adds resistance and acts like thicker oil or a heavier spring, except it very inconsistent. I had a cup go bad on my Tekno sct410 and I thought my shock shaft was bent because the handling suddenly got so bad. I removed the shock and I have habit of lifting and dropping the arms, which should fall free. This time they didn't so I knew right away I had a bend hinge pin or a bad cup. Turned out the cup was frozen on the ball stud because of some dirt. And it is even more important on the B5m because it is mush lighter than a SC truck.