R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Port and polishing..
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 03:15 AM
kyosho malaysia
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Roelof
Basicly modding an engine is measuring the timings and make a plan of several steps what to do and to be honest, most modifiers are just doing the same trick over and over again. Stuff like teardrops, round/sharp edges, some polishing or sandblasting and probably add some timing, thats it. Believe me, it is no aerospace technology.

Some people are talking about calculations of the ports and you were talking about flow tests..... No, to add some power that is not needed, even then just out of the bare hand with just a dremel people can add some power.

Regenerate from what you have done only needs some measuring which can be done with self made tools, I know I did. For sure only measuring timings from many engines is giving a lot of information you can use to try to modify some engines.
i agreed,if you know the theory you can do it yourself,it not so complicated.even you can sellect either torque or top end ,just a simple 2 stroke engine,just do some minor mod it will better than stock engine.

Last edited by kyosho malaysia; 07-17-2014 at 04:13 AM.