R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What is Droop? Looking for really technical explaination.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:33 AM
Joel Lagace
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Windtalkers thats about the same as i ran on my Yokomo and will start with on my Xray FK. Normally ill start with 2mm front and rear and go from there.

TRYHARD: Read the complete thread. U will see that most of us are using the Droop guages to ensure left to right symetry. But to get our uptravel(droop) we compare ride height at race ready state with ride height with shocks fully extended. The differnce between the two will be you droop.

If you look at windwalkers setup he runns 2mm front and 3mm rear. He will adjust this to keep these settings any time he changes ride height or tires. If he raises the car 1mm then his uptravel will change to 1mm front and 2mm rear. So he would need to adjust his droop screws to get back the uptravel he initially set for.

I just find that comparing "DROOP GUAGE" readings is not transferable from chasis to chassis, as there are differnt guages and different locations on the suspension manufacturers ask u to measuer frome, in either cars there is no compensation for tire diameter or ride heigh changes. Would u really want ot remove all 4 tires to change your droop? Or just use a ride height guage?