R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Port and polishing..
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 11:29 AM
Roelof
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Jonro
i think unless you have the ability/tools to blueprint/flow-test the engine the porting and timing changes your doing is like doing it blind, i could be wrong but if you go to any well known engine moders site that's what they do, blueprint and flow-test/check/whatever the engine before modding it to see where exactly they need to take bits of the sleve/block/crank away.
Basicly modding an engine is measuring the timings and make a plan of several steps what to do and to be honest, most modifiers are just doing the same trick over and over again. Stuff like teardrops, round/sharp edges, some polishing or sandblasting and probably add some timing, thats it. Believe me, it is no aerospace technology.

Some people are talking about calculations of the ports and you were talking about flow tests..... No, to add some power that is not needed, even then just out of the bare hand with just a dremel people can add some power.

Regenerate from what you have done only needs some measuring which can be done with self made tools, I know I did. For sure only measuring timings from many engines is giving a lot of information you can use to try to modify some engines.