R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Meakin Park Forum
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2005, 05:09 AM
RussQ24
Tech Rookie

Ok here is a question for you guy's....
When the hell can we come out to Meakin park raceway and race our buggies?

Can my girlfriend and i turn up, pay a fee and race, or do we have to be part of some silly club that just fight's n squavles all the time?

We both have 1\8 scale buggies (gas) and we are very keen to come out and have a go at racing on the jumps n humps etc. We do'not live solely for our buggies as we race V8's regulary at the drags and speedway. In our spare time however we love nothing more than blasting around our home made (flat track) with our nitro buggies racing two or three of our mates (five cars at once is a blast!) After sighting the Meakin park track a few months back i was impressed with what i saw. The problem is it seems to be too hard to get on the track without some sort of money comitment, eg club membership etc as well as limited weekends that the track is actually open for competition OR practise. It would be very convenient for people such as ourselves who would prefer to pay a fee for the use of the track rather than get involved in the political administration side of things. If the rates where fair and worked out on an hourly rate or days\part therof etc we would be interested indeed. Being involved in motor as we are, its clear to us that its very much a "user pay" senario at most venues around Australia when it comes to the competitors.

So tell me when can i race? and how much will it cost me?