R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Thunder Power Charger issue with Reedy Batteries
Old 07-14-2014, 06:07 PM
lewis110
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cesarkeller
@lewis110 - appreciate your input.

The short answer is yes.

I have several TP G6 batteries which plug into the 2s slot within the balancer provided with the charger. These charge perfectly fine. I have 2 4S Reedy 14.8 batteries, these plug into the 4S slot and charge just fine.

My other 2 Reedy packs (Reedy-2S-5800mAh-65C and Reedy-2S-4100mAh-65C), are the ones I am having issues with. I have 3 different charge leads for these 2S slots. I have tried all three of them, but the charger gives me an error.

When I connect the charge leads to a separate balancer, it gives me reading of the cells. That is why I didn't think it would be the charge leads. But maybe there is an incompatibility there. Charge lead I have been using is: "Balancing Lead Banana to 4mm Bullet Adapter 2S LiPo" - Stock#DTXC2225

Anyway, thanks for your input!!!
I'm thinking it maybe your actual balance adaptor. The TP and reedy use 2 different balance plugs styles on the battery itself. So the 2s TP and 2s reedy use 2 different ports on the balance adaptor. But then again does it do it on both channels? Side 1 and side 2 of the charger? If it does it on both channels with both adaptors then it would have to be something with the batteries. I've charged a bunch of different brands of lipos and never experienced anything like that on my TP820