R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray t4'15
Thread: Xray t4'15
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 07:26 AM
PACaSteel
Tech Apprentice

Just a few little quibbles to an excellent package:

+1 on a more accessible gear change. The current design takes a little too long to adjust the ratio on the fly between heats. Simply making a 88 or 84 tooth spur gear would go a long way to making me happy since I could run smaller pinion gears ( which apparently what the car is designed around ) and have better access than the big pinion gives me.

A better access to the Ft arm mounting balls for ARB. With the ball buried inside the arm it's one place I have difficulty getting at to free up the ball and socket. My suspension is free everywhere else but ball/cup friction here binds up consistent ARB load transfer. I end up spending up to an hour popping this thing on and off to try to resize the cup for a proper fit without binding.

Oddly enough, I'd like an optional weaker camber turn buckle specifically designed to fail. The front suspension is designed like a tank but you can still dent a tank with a big enough hammer. When I do happen to preform high speed crash testing on my Ft end, the failure point is usually deep and well concealed. If I bend a hinge pin, pop the top off a dog ear or crack a suspension part it might be difficult to find without a full tear down and offers me a wide variety of parts I need to spare. With a specific part design to fail first and is easy to inspect or change I would always have a quick check and easy fix for a hard hit with the peace of mind that if it's still straight and true,the rest of the suspension likely survived the hit as well