R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BJ4 or ???
Thread: BJ4 or ???
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 05:48 PM
TwoLane
Tech Rookie

Default BJ4 or ???

Hey guys, new to this forum. I haven't raced in probably 8 years or so because of a lack of facilities. However a very nice new shop/track has opened up near me and I wanna start racing again! It's a large indoor hard packed clay track with high traction and flows really well. My question is that I still have most of my old R/C car stuff (tools, chargers etc) and a BJ4 non worlds kit that I never finished building. Since I've never driven the car I'm wondering if it will fit my driving style or if I should sell it and look elsewhere. Previously I raced a XXX4 G+ but I never really liked racing that car. The track I raced at before was over two hours away so I never had time to practice and get my car dialed in before it closed. I had the XXX set up with a one way front and it had way too much steering to suit me. Occasionally I could turn laps on par with the fastest cars in the class but the car was just too inconsistent. I'd rather have the car a smidge tight rather than loose. You guys that have ran both, will the BJ4 be more predictable than the XXX? When I raced last there wasn't near as many 4 wheelers on the market as there are now. You pretty much had the Losi cars or maybe a Schumacher cat but the LHS didn't stock parts for much else. Now that there are more options I'm just wondering if there is a better option for a club racer who wants a predictable chassis that is competitive enough. Back in the day I raced a Kyosho Optima Mid that was absolutely dialed! I guess it kinda spoiled me because that car would damn near drive itself, the XXX , not so much...