R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 07-07-2014, 02:24 PM
NoNothing
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
I used a dremal. It will chuck right up into the colar. And it went ok....a week later it was binding again. Another local used a ball cup reamer and has report ball cup perfection. He used a 4mm one from tunigy, but some members cut a couple groves in old studs, popped them into the cup and ran it low speed. This is my next plan of attack. Sanding was "ok" and better than stock, but still lacking IMO. I have a bigger type local race this weekend and need to go through 3 cars. If I have time I will try the ball cup reamer method. Maybe even borrow one for that local racer.
Interesting.

I'll probably just give them a quick polish on a dremel then.

To the extreme I wonder how well taking them to a machine shop to remove a thousandth around might help.

That's way above what I'm willing to put into an area I don't see a problem, I get way more binding at the pins. Just assuming that might be ideal. Though what the heck is a ball cup reamer? Just opens the cup rather than working on the ball?