View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 01:03 PM   #3514
Rasheed
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default 5 race update

I've run my D413 for 5 race days now, on a smooth low grip dirt track with big jumps. I started with the tessman OCRC setup.

I went down on my front diff fluid, now I am at 7K/60K/2K and am pretty happy with it. I felt like when I was at 10 or 15 in the front it was sluggish in the low speed steering areas. Im thinking about trying 5K in the front next to see how it feels, though it is getting to the point where it has as much steering as I need.

For shock oil I am running 35/30 with the 3x1.3 piston (used the kit piston and glued a hole shut). I tried using the gold rear spring instead of yellow (1 step stiffer) but the rear was just a little too loose at times. It was better on 180 degree turns, though.

Only have broken 1 rear ballcup. I bent a front dogbone, but it still works fine. I have never popped off a shock cap and never had a spur gear problem.

What hingepin holders did the kit come with? Did it come with 2 pairs of 1 dot, 2 pairs of 2 dot, and 2 pairs of 3 dot? I seem to only have 1 pair of 3 dot...

davesrctracks.net - a great offroad 1/10th scale track.
Rasheed is offline   Reply With Quote