R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 05:11 PM
InspGadgt
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by vafactor
the altered ego chassis plate is the one with the integrated wide link mounts. Interestingly, the altered ego chassi plate is about 1/4" shorter than the standard super skinny XTI chassis plate. So, if one uses the altered ego chassis plate in combo with a standard XTI rear pod, the overall wheelbase will be about 1/4" shorter than a standard narrow XTI car. Taking 1/4" out of the car's wheelbase could explain why the car would be better in 180's, perhaps moreso than just taking the angle out of the side links. If you want to maintain the XTI's long wheelbase but use the integrated wings chassis, then there are different graphite pod plates for the altered ego that add back the 1/4".....but add what was lost from the main chassis plate by putting that much extra length into the pod. Personally, I like the car best with the altered ego's short main chassis in combo with the XTI's short pod. That combo yields a wheelbase about the same as some of the older CRC cars that were produced before it became the fashion to extend the wheelbase of 1/12th scale cars. Perhaps I'm old skool,........but I prefer the feel of the shorter wheelbase setup.
There are 2 Altered Ego chassis plates. The original Altered Ego conversion chassis is the same length as the Xti chassis plate. The chassis plate that comes with the Altered Ego kit is shorter.