R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 07:15 AM
zixxer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Graham11
What tires do guys run on clay outside? We just got a new 10th scale clay track and I ordered the xb4. It comes with wheels right? I'm struggling to figure out what wheels fit the xb4 2014?
I had asked the question about the wheels before i pulled the trigger on mine ..Although the durango wheels will fit there are 2 things to consider
1. you may have to ream out the hole a little bit as the stub axles are a different size .
2. and most important that i found is that the durango wheels make the track width narrower and although its not much it made the car impossible to dirve for me personally .

i just bought the xray wheels which work best , however , looking back on it i wished i had gotten either the exotek or jconcepts hex kit for the car which allows you to run losi or associated rears and kyosho 4x4 fronts ...the adapters keep the same track width ...in the end i just order a couple a sets of xray rims every time i make an order with absolute hobbyz or amain

this all sucked for me because i went from the dingo to the xray and i had a brazzilion sets of tires ...but the car is beastmode best ive driven