R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 11:45 AM
Cadman1981
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I ran the car this weekend, in Mini Outlaw 17.5 blinky class. It was actually pretty good. I basically transferred my setup from my V1 to the V2, my TRF shocks with soft in front, med springs in rear, rear soft sway bar, carbon shock towers and aluminum steering rack. The only difference was i played with my camber settings a little and i tightened my diff during the build (i will need to go to a thicker oil as i was diffing out at the end of the day in 30+ degree weather). I did not put the chassis braces on. The car was calm and easy to drive.

Over all, the transition from V1 to V2 is barely noticeable. A colleague at the track had a V2 as well, and he was 2 laps faster than his V1, but i was pretty much the same in terms of raw speed.

So was it worth it to get the V2? Pretty comparable to a V1 in terms of raw speed. The car is better balanced out of the box, no need to add weights anywhere to balance it. The droop screws are nice, oddly placed, you need to do 2-3 turns for the arm to move 1mm. Fits square packs, so that's a bonus for me as i was able to run a 5600mah battery with bullet connectors finally. Motor was a little warmer than on my V1, but i think it was more the hotter weather. My next race is in 2 weeks, i will look at my chassis to see what has worn, i have yet to tear it apart, the body is still on it from my last race!

Last edited by Cadman1981; 06-30-2014 at 07:29 PM.