R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 977 Viper
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 11:15 AM
snuvet75
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by 8thracer
Just had a thought. I wondering if its the shocks rebound and or too thick an oil perhaps ? therefore with the car sat on its wheels and its shockers/springs mounted there is very little depression of the suspension under the cars own weight. If I press the shock shaft in without the spring I'm getting quite heavy resistance with an immediate 6mm rebound
You should be able to push in the shaft all the way in w/o having to apply lots of force on it. In high traction track, you don't need any shock rebound. Sometimes it's hard to accomplish no rebound w/o the vent hole on shock cap. So minimum rebound would be fine.
I don't think the oil strength should be taken into account for solving your problem because oil is mostly just to dampen the shocks, not to control how much the shock travels. It's the springs that control it.
If that doesn't work, I really think the shaft length will resolve the problem even if you have to shorten it further than 11mm. Just one quick turn. Let us know how that turns out. Really curious.