R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RCP Tracks 30 or 50cm - Looking for Help
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 05:57 AM
inlina
Tech Rookie

From my understanding, this video is a Losi 1:24 Micro Rally, with modified steering knuckles for a tighter turning circle, running on a 30cm RCP track...

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

That user also has 50cm tracks, so follow that vid onto YouTube and check out his channel.

I think if you are running 1:36 Losi Micro or 1:43 Kyosho dNano it might be OK. If you are looking at 1:24 Losi Micro or 1:27 Kyosho Mini-Z you are going to be pushing it but you will fit more track in your space.

My modular track is based on 60cm wide modules and leaves me with 56cm lane width with the lane markers in place. The RCP 30cm based track (2 tiles wide) has a lane width of about 48cm and the 50cm based track is about 84cm lane width. I went with my size as it seemed to be OK in testing. So far with a single 1:36 Micro DT running on it I like it. I want to get the slightly bigger cars on it soon to see how it goes.

Here is my micro DT on my modular track...

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.