R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - advice on good 1/8 gt class car
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 06:23 PM
SouthFloridaApp
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus
The eGT class is a blast to drive. As much as I like the sound and watching nitro racing it can be tough to maintain a nitro car.

The Serpent is an excellent car at that price point. Another option is the Speed Power E801GT at $189 pre-built. You just add your electronics. A few of us are running them at my local track. http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/1-8-ep-pro-onroad-e801gt/

From what I have seen on the track all the cars perform very similar. One thing that is very fast and handles great are those GT8 Light conversions. I think they use Slash 4x4 as there baseline. They are so light they moved very well on the track. The whole GT8 class as a whole is still growing so most places just mix everything together.
Generally speaking how does a slash 4x4 lcg handle compared to heavier cars? Does one have the same adjustments available for a slash as others... I e droop, toe in etc?

Why do I believe that a 6.5 lb buggy or short course conversion or similar weight on road format will be the best solution. Lighter equals better run time and probably less heat with appropriate equipment than a 8 lb plus car... Thoughts? FYI the latter cars will still be plenty durable... Think tekno or losi sct...