R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 07:30 PM
Carnage9270
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GizmoTLR
it understeers as soon as i enter the turn and get nothing when i go on power to try to exit, 1.5 camber front and rear, my suspension geometry and set up is the same as Andrew Cartwright's setup on the AE site. Its a new car so all the bearings are good and everything moves freely and the cars weight just makes it over roar specs.

i tried a 96 spur with a 3.6 FDR and it was still very slow on the back straight, i even had the top racer at my local track try out my car to see what he thought about it and even he was shocked at how slow it was. im running the reedy sonic mach 2 17.5

i dont believe there is air in my shocks, there is very, VERY minimal rebound in all 4 shocks and their all even. however in order for me to obtain even ride height from left to right, one shock needs to be pre loaded ALOT more then the other (ie ill need to spin one shock 20 times and the other shock 10 times). i did recently purchase the spec-r shock eyelits and spring retainers and im also going to try yokomo springs
Andrews setup is for high grip carpet and it's fantastic for just that...but asphalt, I can see why you're all over the place in the turns. The speed thing is a whole nother issue. Make sure you're belts are loose as well. I've noticed the belts from associated vary a little. Some are tighter than others for some reason. I run about a 3.6 FDR and set the timing at about 38-40 (Mach 2 as well) depending on the temps coming off, and speed is fine. But I've found around 3.7 is where my motor likes to be.

Edit: Along with the belts, make sure your gear mesh isn't too tight. You shouldn't hear too much "whine" if you spin the wheels. Whine = drag and a hot motor.

Last edited by Carnage9270; 06-23-2014 at 08:14 PM.