R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 09:02 AM
scteonoffroad
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the incubus
I don't think a green hobbyist would have the knowhow to file down teeth to finish a race.

This car's kryptonite is the spur and I presume that not too far down the road a harder, more durable plastic must be introduced. Hell, I've been thinking about contacting my old supplier for the material I used for my paintball bolts which is a self lubricating plastic that's really tough. Plus, it'll add a touch of coolness to the spur.

Torrence, can you tell me what material is used for the spur via PM?
You bring up a point that got me thinking about brake strength. I wonder if those that are setting the mesh correctly, have always ran new pinions to match, and keep their mounts tight are running really heavy braking on the ESC. The braking seems to really stress test drive train from my 8th scale days and this d413 seems identical. What is your brake setting on the ESC?

The spur material definitely looks different than the AE and TLR spurs so that could explain it. Also under extreme heat it could be warping and getting out of round. Again just speculating based on color of the spur plastic.

I wonder if a 8th scale type spur gear could come out if V2 of this buggy.

This picture of the TLR 8ight 3.0e spur combination seems to have worked well on 8th scale.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	losa3560.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	1209073