R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 02:58 PM
symmetricon
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...ervo-Saver-Top
Here's a good idea to put on during the build or after. Myself and every person at our track has broken the plastic one. They really need to just put this in the box. It would make it a premium complete kit IMO. Aside from that the only upgrade needed I didn't put the plastic shim in my shocks. I have not had an issue yet with them leaking and the shocks are smoother. You may have to pinch the ball ends with pliers to free them up. They and the hinge pins are pretty tight and it will help break in. The droop screws will make the hinge pin tight but it will free up. Some fellas are reaming the droop screw hole to a size I can not recall. I guess it makes break in instant.

My first build I didn't use the shims in the diffs. They work freer and break in is quicker. but the out drives started wobbling after a few days of racing so I would recommend just putting them on from the start. That's what I did on this build.
I didn't use the shock oils but on this build but I did use the diff lube. It worked fine on its first outing so far. This was my second build of this kit BTW.

In all honesty you can build the kit box stock by the book and its really solid. Just be sure to have a servo saver top ready just in case.
+1 spot on.