View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 03:49 PM
Johnny Wishbone
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Byronf1
beautiful !!!

will you prefer this over 2.0 or TE...
Well.......I no longer have a TE, and my 2.0 is modified with a lot of changes, so its not a real good comparison of one to one. My 2.0 is setup with rear steer and I have been running it with the tall towers and long shocks. The car with or with out the rear steer has a very good feel to it.

The refinements of the 3.0 has really really cleaned up a lot of the little things that where not that bad but still nagging to most people. The biggest improvement is the steering rack which now needs nothing to make/have a very tight system. The thing about the 3.0 as a complete kit is that the chassis, although heavier, in combination with the lighter bearing holders, gives the car a different feel again. Its like its able to absorb better and stays flatter, but still carries good corner speed. The difference being that the main bulk of the weight is now very low in the car. So changing to some of the 3.0 options on a 2.0 hard chassis doesn't take full advantage of the "3.0 package", although if you did a total chassis plate change over you could get a pretty lite car and then just distribute weight accordingly.

The biggest thing about all the cars, SE,TE,2.0,3.0 is that they are short wheel base which I think contributes to the cars back end not feeling as planted as other cars. Just changing the rear wheelbase settles the car down and doesn't seem to effect the turn in that much.

I can say that just putting the 3.0 on the track I was able to better my best lap time, but also had a tighter consistent run. The car didn't feel like it had to be driven as hard to be fast.