R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 02:53 PM
JDJamminX1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nicmo
Dear Mr. Deguzman, hats off to you sir. Tessman family too.

You have designed a car that handles like a car that wants to win. I have never had a 4WD 1/10 buggy with so much steering and at the same time no oversteer roling. So many new concepts, such a different car, its working great so far for me.

The drivetrain is amazing, i have done several packs in the last 3 weeks on high grip astro and carpet giving the car as much abuse as i could, i could not break it, the outdrives are untouched, the spur gear is still brand new, the axles are holding, everything is there. I dont drive slowly either, my times are the fastest on our tracks or very close.
Normaly after you assemble a new kit you hit the track and start slow, some parts come off, something breaks, something badly assembled, there is always something to fix. With the D413.... nop... i had no problems.

Assembly? Loved how the bags are ordered and only have the parts for that step in them, why other companies dont do this is beyond me. Every part is precut, anwsome. Extra set of links, great!

Parts? There are indeed some parts that are missing from the shops but its understandable, HB has always had this issue, specially for a new car as far as i know but if you know how to look, you can find the parts. The car will rarely break anyway so you will be good. This kit is going to sell alot, there will be parts, i am sure.

Spur problems? I dont think there are any, get yourself a good pinion, propper mesh and you will be fine. Ofcourse if there were spurs in stock this was not an issue.

Motor heating up? Place your ESC in the back, it will help as the motor will get fresh air from the front. For 6.5 motor use 19T, i use 20 and i have no fans.

The body is crap? Yeah the 4 piece body is dodgy, feels week, carefull with the middle screw it will scratch your motor mount. Get the proline's, but amazingly it looks like it will last a long time.

Shock caps? Yes, they will pop off eventually on a hard crash but very rarely... Deguzman already working on an alternative if you wish, yay, hopefully they come in a bag of two then i will replace only the fronts and save some money for beer.

Conclusion

I traded a 2 month old TLR 22-4 for the D413 after breaking a rear universal and horizon refused to replace it, thank you horizon, you saved me money in the long run and no more replacing front belts and steering horns. The D413 turns 2 times faster than the 22-4 and you can actually change things like toe in, for free.

If your on the fence about this car because the current lack of spares or because someone wrecked their spur gear, oh my, your wasting time.
Awesome Review. I like the part about the beer money.