R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 11:07 AM
snuvet75
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by nf_ekt
Being that there is so much posted on this car, I hope no one minds me asking- but out of the box is this a very planted car on asphalt? Or does it tend to be on the loose side? I tried the original S411 in the past and it was a handful for me... this was on carpet but regardless I could tell it was a car made more for a pro. I'm asking specifically about the Eryx 2.0 . Would be willing to try Serpent again, just need to know if they have made the car a little easier to wheel out of the box. Thanks.
Out of box default set up, it's not planted in the rear in either track. It has tons of steering though. To me, default set up didn't work but was not far from optimal setting in either track.
It's a very good car but if you don't want to spend any time on setting up a car, this may not be yours. But I'm sure there are some guys willing to help you at the local track. I get tons of help here from experienced and knowledge people too. It all depends on your willingness, driving skill, fund, time and knowledge on setup. Good luck.