R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 06:31 AM
vafactor
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by I)arkness
i noticed that other day that my side links seemed tight when connected thought it may have been dirty, but if i pop either side off its nice and free on the ball? do i need new links or is something else need checking.
what you describe indicates that your center pivot ball is out of adjustment. If the center pivot ball is not in exactly the right spot, that will make one side link act as if it's too long and the other one will seem too short.........making both side links feel tight on their pivot balls. Thankfully, your issue is easy enough to fix. With all of the wheels removed and with the main chassis and the pod both resting on a good flat surface, just loosen the two nuts that retain the center pivot's "football". Shake the pod around so that the "football" and the center pivot ball finds their own naturally centered location. Then gently tighten one of the football nuts and then the other one. Both side links should then feel free on their respective pivot balls. If so, then fully tighten the two football nuts and you're done. If not, then loosen them both and repeat the process until you do get the football in a position that allows both side links to feel nice and free. This is a critical adjustment because the car will drive erratically if there is any binding in the action of the rear pod. It is a good habit to check your side links frequently to make sure that they still feel nice and free.......especially if the car takes any sort of hard impact or tumble.