R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Mi5
Thread: Schumacher Mi5
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2014, 02:11 PM
Robert_K
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So, it arrived, it's build, and I had my first outing today. This car is just AWESOME! Better corner speed, better left to right transition.

Also the ackermann angle is way better, and now the steering feel is really good. It's better at corner entry and mid corner. Kit set-up felt really well, but lacked a little bit on-power steering, luckily that's just set-up.
I really liked the different ackerman and steering feeling. This made the car a lot better, combined with the faster reation!

Need to look after the elecs again. This is just out of my Mi5 to my Mi5 evo. wires are a bit long.

Originally Posted by haywood
Were the leaking stock O rings fixed or are they the same? Does this kit require the option part to balance side to side with pins like the old kit? I know these are both minor details!
No old Mi5 arms will fit the new Mi5 Evo. Also the old front plastics won't fit. Front arms won't fit the rear!

Leaky shocks are not leaking. You can adjust the o-ring pressure like Ed described in his blog. Schumi has copied this quite well.

The car has like NO play and feels really free. nice to have the arms play free.

The car is around 40 grams lighter then the Mi5! That's really nice.

Hop-ups I bought are sway bars and different toe-in rear arms.

The car is really quite well balanced. I had a 4 grams different between left and right

Regards Robert