R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2014, 11:16 AM
A2Racing
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

It looks really bad when I list everything out Almost makes me sick to my stomach, I didn't know anything at the start and dropped money in trucks that are bashers and not race trucks.

The Slash 2wd is my back-up race truck and it has come in handy twice already when my ball diff went in my 22 SCT. So it isn't all negative but the start up costs and then just figuring things out have been costly. I am sure I have left several things off the list but you can see why I am trying to stop the bleeding and start putting more towards racing and maintenance so I can avoid large expenditures.

Introduce to RC -
Traxxas T-Maxx – $600
Traxxas Slash Ultimate - $500
Traxxas Slash 2wd VXL– $450
Ofna JL10E (Used with electronics and batteries) - $250
Dynamite Quattro Prophet Charger – $299

When I decided to start racing -
Losi SCTE 2.0 preassembled with electronics – $650
Losi SCTE 2.0 Kit - $425 (I am building a back-up race truck)
Losi 22 SCT barely used with electronics – $390
Tekin RX8 Gen 2 - $220 (replacing broken Novak Havoc ESC)
Spektrum 4XR Controller - $320 (replaced my traxxas controller)
Lipo Batteries (SMC, SPC, RC King, Onyx) - $600
Tools and Equipment (Hex wrenches, Gauges, Scales, body reamer etc) - $150
Short Course Bodies and Paint - $125
Replacement Parts, Oils, Grease, Etc - $200
My Lap Transponders - $160
Tires, Tire Glue, Tire Spray (Protek Tru Grip, Simple Green) - $250

Total - $5589

It is a fun hobby though and my wife and son are both involved. My wife has been the biggest supporter and is encouraging RC racing.

Originally Posted by SoCalMX
First let me start by asking where did the 3-4,000 go? I am there also but that includes 3 cars including a 1:5th scale so I am assuming you have other cars?

I too did a recent rebuild and you are doing it rite in doing one section at a time instead of blowing the entire truck apart. My rebuild included a new chassis (mine cracked, my fault trying dumb stuff at the track) all 3 diffs, new bearings, new Puck drives, replaced my burned ESC and a shock service. Can be overwhelming at first but its not really that bad when its all said and done. Best part is I am no longer afraid to do my own service and vow not to run this thing into the ground again! Like Casper said, these trucks are built like a tank but are by no means a basher truck, once you get it dialed and do the normal maintenance you should be trouble free.