R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2014, 10:31 AM
A2Racing
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thanks Casper that is great info. I will check out Avid bearings and I hate to say it but the condition of the truck is solely on me. It was in mint condition not a single scratch when I bought it used, mainly I was buying it pre-assembled since my skill level is pretty low.

Embarrassing as it is to say, I have between 75-100 hours of track time on my SCTE 2.0 so that is a testament about the quality and durability of these trucks. I jumped into RC head first so I am learning a lot on the fly and now understand the importance of frequent maintenance. It is actually quite enjoyable and I am going to take pride in keeping my trucks in top form.

It kind of goes hand in hand but with the maintenance, I will be challenging myself to have my trucks finish as many races as possible. I know there will always been things you can't avoid but there has been several things I could have avoided with proper maintenance and breaking down my trucks.

Originally Posted by Casper
Responses in blue. Just another comment. These trucks get abused. Sounds like with the coin you dropped already you could have gone new. Anyway it helps to either know the guy or see pictures of the a clean car when buying new. Also the SCTE is built like a tank and as a result guys get very lazy with maintenance since they just keep running so when it does get all beat up and lots of miles on it I am sure it is all worn out like you got.

There is a great community of guys on this thread so if you have any other questions or anything else we can help with let us know.