R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 06-12-2014, 08:33 AM
Wildcat1971
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BRSracing
I was faster with my RM vs the MM as well at first. I thought I made a huge mistake with the MM. After about a month of fine tuning I am now faster on the same track with the MM by a pretty good amount of time, and I still have room to improve. Summer is dead for indoor around here usually less that 10 cars in 17.5. I use this time to try new stuff. With the car all stock and a shorty pack I was weighing 1642g. I put Schelle slipper, aluminum top shaft, aluminum screw kit on it. Still a little heavy, but some of the weight I saved I put it back on with aluminum hubs and a few other things. It's now around 1580. I set fast lap time last night so I am where I need to be now I think. I think with MM you have to give it a little more time to fine tune, which really frustrated me at first. I feel good about sticking with MM into the fall when the season starts again.
Yeah, I converted my backup car because I planned to spend some time with the MM trying things. To be honest, it went much better than I expected it too.

Side note: Why the hell does indoor season die in the summer? Its 110+ degrees here, I have no desire top be outdoors.

Side Side Note: SRS is opening indoors next week. And they "copies" the dirt mix from WCRC. So its going to be a higher bite indoor clay track. They have a grand opening race weekend coming up, if you can make the drive you should.

https://www.facebook.com/ScottsdaleR...levant_count=1