R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)
Old 06-10-2014, 05:22 PM
Monti
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragonracing
thanks jake. ill take a look at my car and might try those adjustments this sat weather permitting. some of it also i think is that corner (you know the one at the end of the straight) i need to work on my entry a little more. its was better after i added the outer pipe so one can judge distance a little better at that side of the track. but i will try those adjustment you mentioned.
Jake has made some valid recommendations. If you can locate the pro compound tires they will give you more grip over all and are faster than the d compound. What are you using for traction compound? Every form of r/c depends on tires so if you can start with that it will be a huge benefit. While a gear diff may help in the front I would at least run the front 1.0 bar and consider the following:

More front camber
More front caster (no more than 6 degrees)
Less rear tow (two should be min)
Lighter gear diff oil with only two gears
Metal gears in the diff

I have run a front gear diff over and over on asphalt and carpet and it just depends on the day if I like it or it's faster. Not a bad tool to have in the box but not really a first pick of mine.

My normal check list is as follows when making adjustments;
Tires
Tires prep
Body
Rear toe
Sway bars
Gear diffs
Front camber
Droop
Dampening/spring rate

I'm sure other have their order but this has worked best for me.

Monti