R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)
Old 06-10-2014, 12:36 AM
Geberit
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
I am not sure if you have seen the Tamiya and Yokomo cars and how they come now. They come exactly as the aluminum chassis does. No "Battery holder" just a stop to keep the battery from getting into the belt.

I am not sure what concern you have with the battery as a lot has been lost through all the posts. If you use Tape correctly, the battery should never leave the car and it should also never get into the belt.

As for the balance, this is something everyone does with their car. All chassis are balanced differently and it is entirely dependent on electronics, batteries, motors, etc. Installing a new deck on your car and not expecting to have to re-balance it is a little bit unreasonable. The car is now heavier, so balancing it will be a little bit easier if you do not use battery holders, especially if you are running heavy, high capacity batteries.

Lastly, if you really are not satisfied with the product, please send it back before you use it and I will gladly refund the money for your purchase. I am down to only 1 more chassis from the first production run and I should not have trouble moving it. I understand you are frustrated, but believe me, we are not in the business of ripping people off. You should not have to "fix" anything to use the chassis. You can make custom adaptations to suit your preferences, but let me be clear and say that the item is perfectly operational as is.
It would be easier to make an instruction video then trying to explain it in words! Sometimes it’s just hard to do it yourself for the first time if you never seen how it should be done properly.

I have a BD7 2014 with no holders and using Hudy tape. The battery is absolutely tight with no movement at all if done correctly. Also had few heavy crashes and the battery didn’t move a bit! More or less all Yokomo’s at the ETS races don’t use battery holders and never seen anything fell off.