R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2013 LAS VEGAS INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS "IIC" W/SCOTTY ERNST
Old 06-09-2014, 05:48 PM
Still Bill
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gdcopbdcop
Hey bill, I am going to vegas again this year. If I give you my wgt car will you get it ready for me?

Rich
Rich,

Things change so much every year; so, my cars(s) are not "ready" when I arrive at the IIC.

Usually I replace anything that is worn and have them ready to be tuned by the second or third day of the meet.

Be mindful of what motor and ESC are legal this year. So far, what is posted as approved does not necessarily correspond to what is currently ROAR legal; but, the list can be updated until 30 days before the racing. Example: IIC lists ORCA VX-1 1S ESC with old software (V3.0).

At this time, I do not believe that any of my three different 1S ESCs (and software combos) are on the 2014 IIC approved ESC list. But, all three ESCs (two are ORCA VX1's with more current V3.3 software) are on ROAR's current approved list.

At least I do have three IIC legal motors...And they are ROAR legal too...LOL

IIC battery packs only have "Charging Rules"; but, no max capacity specified. Seems that someone will take advantage of that...more LOL

Cheers!

Bill

Last edited by Still Bill; 06-09-2014 at 06:41 PM.