R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Build Complete: Associated Mini Rival
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 03:12 AM
Dialed_In
Tech Apprentice

Nice build and post! I'm considering getting one of these very soon. Would you mind looking over my parts list and see if I have the correct parts. I'm a bit confused since there are many RC18 models.

CVD's and axles: hxxp://miponline.com/store/mip1440.html but I'm thinking of going with the 21230 (non-shiny) version here since the shiny has been discontinued. hxxp://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJHW7&P=7. I can't seem to find those on MIP's site. I'll go with whatever you think is correct.

Diffs: hxxp://miponline.com/store/mip1444.html

Please let me know if I am missing any MIP parts.

Black RPM Arms: Part 70072 hxxp://rpmrcproducts.com/products/assoc/18TParts.htm

Will this black bumper work without interfering with the body? Bottom of page here. hxxp://rpmrcproducts.com/products/assoc/18TParts.htm

If you had to spend $20 (or a bit more) at Tower what else would you purchase? I have a Mamba Micro Pro just sitting around if that helps.

In the future I will probably get a set of losi shocks since you said they have more travel. I assume any brand of shock made for the mini-t will work correct?

Also, what rim and tires would be good to purchase that are narrower and work with the MIP axles? I will be running indoors on carpet and linoleum.

I had to kill my links since I'm new here. Just copy and paste links into the address bar and change the hxxp to http.

Last edited by Dialed_In; 06-08-2014 at 05:22 AM.