R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 05:19 AM
Matt :-)
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by randy0025
yeah I understand I can take punch and timing out, and almost sure I will HAVE TO with that monster 5.5T. but for the heat issue I am reading about, wouldn't going to a 5.5T with less punch & timing be better/cooler then trying to run a 6.5T with more punch & timing. I have a vst2 6.5 and a vst 7.5 That I could goto aswell if Im understanding this backwards
Seems like most people on this thread are going with a 6.5t. I have not received my D413 yet, but I'm considering going with a 7.5t on mine. The indoor tracks I will be driving on only have about 2,000 to 4,000 square feet of surface (depending on which track I'm at). So in my case, I don't see the need for a motor faster than that.

A friend of mine races a TLR 22-4, so I'm not sure how comparable this scenario is. I watched him TQ 4 wheel buggy with 97% consistency out of 20 entries on a 7,500 square foot out door dirt track in middle Tennessee that has a 130 foot straight, a 30 foot long triple that has about 10 feet of approaching distance (he cleared every time), a massive jump on the back straight (also cleared), and several technical areas. It was a bright sunny day, around 85 degrees fahrenheit, and the highest temp on his motor was 165 fahrenheit (no fan on motor). Like I said, not sure how helpful this is because the design of the TLR 22-4 is not the same as the D413. Take it for what it's worth.