R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ungodly steering play
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 12:19 PM
d16dcoe45
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Geezatec
It looks all funky to me. Tie-rod should be str8 like to crossover bar. Crossoverbar looks like it hits the right bulkhead on full right turns. For a FWD it sucks!! Steering looks better on the FF-03 models. That steering assembly may be assemble incorrectly. Or the camera angle makes it squirrely, and light makes the rtside pivot(Hexscrew) wobble. Is there a bushing, or bearing, if its a bearing should be 2 bearing, top and bottom next to chassis. Better yet bushing top and bottom. Aluminum and steel Balls should be Loctite on, not metal to composite. Try a different configuration on steering assembly,cuz it really does not look normal

I don't know how others feel, but it is my opinion. Good Luck!!
Its not FWD. Its front motor conversion--meaning the motor is now mounted towards the front of the car as most serious RC drift cars are. The steering tie rods are very short as thats how most high end drift chassis are set up-- it seems to work better. I think the slop is fine--the short links and the severe angles of the links seem to excacerbate it. I myself am not into RC drifting but I can appreciate good engineering/building.