R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 11:13 PM
Yb2fast
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JLock
Just got back from the Fireball Classic in Lincoln, NE and had a great time running my old-school Kyosho GT1 in the GT class. After struggling much of Saturday's qualifying (mainly engine tuning issues), I decided to go almost truly old-school GT for Sunday's last chance qualifier and the main. I pulled out what use to be my "Spec" GT1 chassis that was still basically stock except the updated Kyosho shoe transmission and my old OS 21VG (3 port) that I last ran back in 2010 at the Ipanema US GT Nationals at Leisure Hours in Joliet, IL. My car was definitely not the fastest one on the track but with the change to "Mr. Reliable" OS 21VG, I was one of the more consistent cars as far as clicking off laps. I fell behind early but did not panic. Once my tires heated up and came in, I was able to pick off a few on the track and survive the war of attrition that got some other racers.

The funny thing is that many say the Kyosho GT1 & GT2 chassis cars are no longer competitive. Well, before attrition got this one teenage kid, he had his GT2 in first place for a while, schooling all of us older guys running GT. By the time the checkered flag dropped, I was able to pilot my GT1 to a strong second place finish using a basic, non-modified 3-port engine. To me, not bad for an old, outdated relic with a weaka$$ 3-port powering it.
Great story JLock !!! Love it...My GT1 is about to put a hurting on the snakes this upcoming FORGASS series in Florida starting in September through spring...My GT1/MP777 Hybrid has every trick and performance edge covered that the snakes think they have overcome us with ! lol... I even have a Brushless conversion GT1 with a mamba setup....thing is just ballistic ON 4S...Both cars running Your warrior body ! Yes I'm ready to put Big K back on top !