R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Klampyz Frankenfifty Ftruck
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 09:13 PM
klampykixx
Tech Initiate

so i bought some 3/16 brake line on monday but had to buy 7metres instead of the 4 that i wanted, so been rather tight with cash this week, but just now had a bit of a play with what we call Bundy tube, and it turns out i can both solder (with normal electronics solder, i use 60/40 lead/tin with rosin core) and, i can also mig weld it without blowing huge holes in it as soon as i touch the trigger!! double bonus right there.

next step will be deciding the design i go with for the bar work, and making sure that i fit everything that i need to within the truck.

of course, its huge, so there would be something wrong if i couldnt squeeze everything inside....

heres some pictures of my wee lil 1/18 MiniQLO based F150 i built a while back and will likely be doing something similar with the rear cage section.

i may even run a similar front bar to the little one. i need assistance deciding wether to keep the current bar or change over to tube style

also, i bought one of these last week. gonna try something i wanted to try on my wraithokee build (that never finished as i traded a bunch of key parts.... silly.....)

and i also have a couple of these....

a peristaltic pump, and a pneumatic cylinder... i wonder what they could possibly be for???

AND

got my tires this morning!! same size as my crushers, so reasonably happy with that. after i paid for the treps, i found the 2.2 pitbull rock beast was a little taller, and semi regretted the purchase. but, once they arrived i was happy once more.

hard part next was deciding whether to run them normal side out, or keep them dished. pretty sure ill keep em dished.

and yes, ill paint them up nice before its maiden voyage.

and also started making a mess of the rear cage.