Old 05-27-2014, 06:45 PM
Nexus
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Where can I pre-order a blue v4 5.5?
Soon.

Originally Posted by latentspeed
For the team drivers and anyone else who knows anything about the new 4.0 motors, what is the power band like? Improved punch off the line I hope.
Soon

The MMM and V3 modifieds are still solid. Viktor Wilck won 3 of his heats with a few 2nd at the Reedy Race this past weekend running MMM motors.

Lee Passehl, if I recall correctly, choose to run Speed Passion motors in the Open Class. He was on top of the sheets through early qualifying. He ended up 4th overall all.

Originally Posted by LOSI123
Can anyone tell me if the Reventon R Esc will be ok for running a 10.5T with boost in a 4wd buggy? and do the Reventon Esc's work ok with tekin gen2 motors as that what i already have etc... Im asking as the old cirtix stock club esc I had would'nt work with novak motors etc i think it was back then... cheers
You can run an R, but if you are running Boost just check temps based on your gearing. I don't see any reason why the Reventon couldn't run a Tekin.

Originally Posted by xrayracer1
Ok, I'm about a snowflake in a snow storm away from roundhouse kicking my laptop across the room.

I've re-installed the program twice and it still won't recognise my SP Reventon pro 1.1! Every time I connect it to my laptop, it all lights up but my laptop makes a noise notification that is not the same as when you usually connect the usb.

What the hell am I doing wrong??????
A few things:

1. Delete the SP software from your PC. reboot.
2. Reinstall SP software on your PC.
3. Only connect your programmer card. Before connecting it to the PC hold down the RESET button. While holding the RESET button connect the programmer to the PC.

This will enter the software into the mode where you can update the programmers firmware. On your PC screen, a small box should appear that says "UPDATE FIRMWARE". PRESS that and select the newest firmware. This should take 4-6 minutes at most.

4. Just to be safe. Once it's complete disconnect the programming box, Close the Speed Passion PC software.

5. Start up the software again, plug the programming box into the PC, and now connect your ESC. Make sure the LIPO/Battery is NOT connected. Also disconnect the fan if it is plugged into the ESC.

It should recognize your ESC.

What laptops are you using? Window XP/7?