R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014, 04:12 PM
Theroc
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I just put my MIP steering kit on (had the stock ones) and it did help with the binding at full compression.

I was wondering did you put the 2mm washers on the outer to get the same bumpsteer as dunfords setup? I measured and 1.5mm would be close as far as the height. But the inside would be different so I don't know how that would react.

I also put a .5mm under the steering linkage to prevent it hitting the Ackerman bar. (thanks for the tip cctech)

Originally Posted by skrichter
While I was preparing my SCTE for the outdoor season, I noticed 2 things:

1. When trying to compress the front shocks, at about 3/4 compression they start to bind up. I pinpointed the issue -- the inner front tie rod ends on the steering rack. They bind up as you compress the shocks. Curious if folks are using a different inner front rod end to allow free movement? UPDATE: - See MIP 13250 steering kit. MIP seems to have addressed the binding issue with dubro ends and beveled shims.

2. Steering endpont to the right cannot fully reach. This is due to the servo link hitting up against the drag/ackerman link. If anyone is aware of a remedy, let me know.

Thx!