R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Talkin' with Josh Cyrul
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2005, 08:32 PM
Josh Cyrul
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

drml - I prefer the Med castor blocks 99% of the time... The soft ones are too soft and the al. ones are to easy to bend in a wreck causing you to not even know that your car is messed up....

Tempest - Your kidding me right?? I don't wanna type all that....

What does a long camber link versus short do? - Makes the car react faster at the respective end (front or back) that you make the link shorter. Can cause a "pivot" type situation in the center of a corner rather than the car rolling through the center smoothly.

what does raising or lowering the camber link on the shock tower do? How do these changes effect the roll center? raise/lower etc. - Raising it gives you less camber change/lower roll center. Lowering it gives you more camber change/higher roll center.

In reality what actually increases the "roll" of the car. - Softer springs... Due to the low-profile tires and little to no tire distortion, usually less camber change will give the car less roll because you load the tire so much harder. Even though the RC is lower, camber change and tire dynamics take over....

What kind of roll center/camber link setup would you start with at a high bite track like the Birds??? The same set-up that I've tested at home that I am comfortable with....

Shiloh - I think I measured from the bottom of the aluminum hub carrier....