R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 05-22-2014, 12:53 PM
BRSracing
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
ok, I am sure a fanboy will chime in, but my tekins always ran hotter than most brands. And they always felt less powerful. So less power and more heat, mean I sold them. I run reedy's mainly these days. I want to try the hacker, because many locals seem to think its godly...and my daughter likes purple, lol (for her car)
In rear motor form the Gen2 stayed really cool. I knew the 17.5 would run hotter in the closed in mm so I took it easy on my gearing and timing. The car was slow compared to the others so I figured it would come off the track cool after round one. It came off the track pushing 170. Round two same thing. For the main I put in a Reedy 17.5. Came in 35-40 degrees cooler. The Reedy has bigger and more holes on the can, which I think makes it run much cooler. I think the heat issue is a stock racing thing, hopefully Tekin will look into better venting at least in the stock motors.

I really liked my B5 rm cars, so i was not too sure why I got a new MM..... Both cars are good, but man I really love that mid motor.