R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 06:03 AM
offr0aden
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
772 was great in my 2.0 and is what I ran. Matter of fact I know most at our track are running that combo. In my 3.0 I am getting to much front wheel spin. I really think I want to move the battery forward and try to get rid of the tires spinning up front. 2 in the rear really makes the rear rotate better IMO.
I've been fooling around with a couple setups / chassis - I noticed my 2.0 converted w/ the battery forward did turn harder on and off throttle - then my Tekno V4 converted losi with battery just set back like the 3.0 - to make it turn the same I used stick on wheel weights on the front rock guards - yet I bought a converted 3.0 buggy and it feels like it wants to push out in the turns when coming in fast on power and even off if I don't brake into the turn.

Now I have a true 3.0e and have it dialed but could use more on and off power steering.

I've looked at Drakes indoor setup and can't figure out how he has the battery tray forward - also the brass weight is 40g I believe - I may try some wheel weights up front first and then move the battery - if its not a botched mod - if you have any pics please post them and let us know how the race goes.