R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 11:47 AM
Dino_D
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cain
lol, that was cool to see you lay the laps down like that! Her car was much less trick than mine, that big battery sure looked to help plant it. towards the end I finally got it to feel pretty good, just need more on power steering at this point. based on track size I may just set her up with the motor I was using and grab an 8.5 for myself.

One of the reasons I went durango other than since you can find the V1s loaded cheap is that its upgradeable to the current spec car. Used to always fall with AE, but wanted to try something different.

Funny how the losi step pins in I think red compound worked out so well. I think prolines M3 steps could have worked excellent to, trick is now finding them! Brandon A was running the Panther steps, things look like mad max style tires.

it was interesting to see though how you can go from planted on the rear to loose when the conditions started to change slightly.

speaking of onpower steering, thinking of adding more weight to the nose section, I have a shorty setup in mine, my daughter is using large 7200mah IP lipos. I do have the front alloy bulkhead but its a gen 1 I am thinking so need to mod it.

Anyone who has done that, is it pretty straight forward just trim with a dremel so it fits the DimeC +8mm chassis?
The full pack does help plant the car but makes it a little lazy. If you run a shorty, it just reacts quicker. The car shouldn't really change too much if the grip level changes. From fully planted to loose, unless the setup is a bit off.
If your conditions change a lot, perhaps you should try RM4. It seems to be pretty consistent when traction levels change during the day.

I run between 30-42g of lead weight behind the servo which helps keep the nose down.