R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Need feedback on platform for Spec parking lot racing
Old 05-19-2014, 03:30 PM
ChiMiniRC
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by (0000000000)
Using ten bux per rental as your constant in the formula, ask yourself how much will it cost to fix, each time you give a noob control of that car.

I stand by recommendation for a silvercan mini. TT01/02 is another viable economic option.
I did ask myself that and didn't know the answer. That is why I turned to the community

I think I have my answer on tires. Batteries and chargers I'm fine with. It seems the TT01 will be a good option. But I'm asking the community, why could I expect to break in the hands of a beginner. I'm spoiled with the MIni-z and they've handled first time racers fine. I can easily give a mini-z to a new racers and have them crash the hell out of it and not need to replace any parts before needing to replace tires.

I don't care about INITIAL cost of the car. I'd get something like an Inferno GT2 if it made sense. Problem is tires seem like they'll jump in price a LOT. And I don't know what to expect for durability.