R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 07:04 PM
mikel33
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by PROMODVETTE
Don't forget the Spec-R that was recently sold. TQ'd 2 out of 3 races it was last entered in.

Also, what you haven't seen is me purchasing a brand new motor, body, and tires Wednesday night at my local track. Can't beat the death of onroad in my state and everything onroad related being 50% off!!

I'm to the point of looking for a new ESC with only bad choices. I had the Edge... well 3 of them, 2 had to be replaced by Novak. I had the Justock. Both IMO are not good. I have a ORCA in my TC now. Would be nice to not have to spend money to buy another sub par ESC that would only be used for USVTA. I'm sure there are other TC racers out there that feel the same way.
I'm not getting into the trolling vs non-trolling thing. But IMHO there is NOTHING wrong with the HW Justock for vta racing. I won many a local vta race, qualified 5th at the indoor champs in 2012, and won 1 of the triple crown vta races with with one. I'm not trying to brag by saying that because goodness knows there are many better racers out there, just trying to illustrate the potential of the speedo.