R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Most Suitable Tires for Cemented Surface
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 12:27 PM
chasingthepack
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Supa_Mario
Thanks for all the tips and advise guys. Appreciate that. I have actually just converted my Tamiya VDF drift car to touring. So have been playing around with the set up and trying to find a suitable set of tires to give me proper grip on concrete flooring. What do you think of HPI's V and X groove tires? I've been reading that some who use these tires on concrete have got positive comments. But I'm really not sure if those nicely threaded tires would actually provide the extra grip I want on concrete floor.

I am also looking at the possibility of using Sorex 24mm slicks on 26mm wheels? Have any of you tried this? Will it work? Or is is it going to be a nightmare trying to get the 24mm to fit a 26mm wheel?

I have a few 26mm wheels with me and hope to use tires that would fit my wheels instead of having to switch to 24mm.
yes 24 mm tyres are easy to fit onto 26mm rims,the larger the air gap the quicker the tyres will heat up,keep that in mind when choosing the inserts,the hpi tyres look and feel quite a hard tyre,never used them as i race mostly so sorex for me,i think youll need something softer,i have used the michelin rally tyres that are standard on a hpi wr8 nitro (not sure if these are the x y tyres you refer to),these are very soft and could be just what your looking for,i wore out a set within 10 tanks of fuel on brick paving,although they are a 1/8th scale size but a small 1/8th not like a buggy wheel,the hpi wr8 fiesta is only a bit larger than a 10th scale,theres also the rally slicks that are on the ken block edition,may be better still,but worth a look imho