R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 747 1/10 200mm touring @Nurnberg Toy Fair 2012
Old 05-15-2014, 06:39 AM
GPXJOE
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigtee
Need help setting rear droop. Ok this is what i was doing just playing around with setup
What i did was disconnect rear sway bar and lower shocks set car on droop blocks and set rear droop left and right +3 . connected sway bar rechecked droop setting still at +3. I then connect rear shocks check droop again right side is +3 droop left side is +4 checked shock length 10.5 mm both sides, shock shaft are the same length. What is the problem here nothing is tweak. How to fix this problem? I don't think lengthening the shock shaft on the left rear is the answer or is it?
Its either the spring tension of your shocks are different or the rebound on the shocks are different.check if the springs are the same color, same tension,same distance from the shock cap, and remove the springs and push the shafts inward,the shafts should relieve pressure at the same time.if not, bleed some oil in the othe shaft until they are the same.could be that the rebound is different.also, the ball cap on the bottom is screwed into the shaft less than the other shock.

What's important is that if the tires are same diameter, the tires should touch the ground at the same time,if not, check Michael salveb tutorials in tweaking the car

Last edited by GPXJOE; 05-15-2014 at 06:44 AM. Reason: edit