R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - UF1 MIDWEST
Thread: UF1 MIDWEST
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 08:02 AM
BP SHADOW
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ~McSmooth~
Thanks to the Toledo gang for having the track in great condition on Saturday. It was a perfect day for racing.
I second that!!!
Thanks to Jon Strausbaugh for making the track available to us for the final round of this series.
A big thanks to Ted Hammer for race directing and as always being a great competitor.
Also to all that participated in this race as well as the series.
Here is the points tally from Saturdays race
Mike McBride-301
Brad Palmer-293
Ted Hammer-293
Dish-292
Mike Pizzuti-288
Marvin Davis-286
Andrew Seltman-286
Although finishing order doesn't really matter, in the event of a tie , finishing order was determined by overall number of laps completed.

The turnouts this year have been lighter than the first season, and I am working to try and make the series more appealing to a broader audience. I know that on my end I need to step up my game as promoter of the series, but I would also ask that the host sites try to bolster the efforts for bigger local crowds.
For the next season, which will begin in September the TCS 1031/1032 tires will be the spec tire for the UF1 Midwest Series. We will allow the Pardus tires to be used, although the performance difference is pretty obvious.
I have not locked down a defined schedule, however the following are the host locations we are working with to hold events for the next series.
NORCAR at the Gate-Brunswick,OH
The Track @ Harbor Hobbies- Winthrop.IL
HobbyStop West- Toledo,OH
Summit Raceway- Ft Wayne, IN
Carbondale,IL
ProLevel RC- St Louis, MO

I have made the decision to go back to the 2 day race format.
We hold 6 2 day events for a total of 12 race days.
To be eligible for the points you must run 8 of the 12 race days.
We will hold events in September, October, and November take December off and race January, February, and March.
For those that don't know, the UF1 Midwest website is live at uf1midwest.com we will be posting all future information there.
Message me with any thoughts that you might have, I will be posting the top 10 in points as soon as I get them updated.