R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 977 Viper
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 05:42 AM
cosmokitten
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by M7H
Why?....

I use 600-700 mAh, in a 30 minutes final!

Never mind, just looked it up, that lipo seems to be of a normal weight, so will not make your car much heavier.

The difference between a Protoform normal weight body, and a Pro light weight, is around 50-60 grams.
The difference between normal and light weight wheel I have never check actually...
Also the amount of paint people sometimes spray in there body, doesn't help..... (up to 50 grams more then I spray in them!)
Great info M7H!
I should be receiving some light weight wheels shortly. Will report the difference in weight.
Ya, the Protek 2300 is 87 grams, approx 7 grams heavier than the average life. Then again, if one is a stickler with weight, then this could be everything. For me, this pack has been quite handy. Last race I attended I never had a chance to recharge (marshalling didn't help) from a standard qual to a 20 min race, only to find out that I was bumper to the next 1 hr main...yikes!! This pack came in very handy that day. Verified, that I used up approx 1700mah, which would have drained any life...