R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - little details that can make you really faster?
Old 05-09-2014, 03:39 AM
Pulse_
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DanielC.
1. Take the time to learn your car and actually try different setup changes. Dedicated practice days are ideal. It's very difficult to try it all on race day. It's also harder to determine if the changes made were better or worse, due to changing track conditions on a race day.

2. Generalizations don't always hold true. We don't live in a vacuum, and advice in tuning guides and on these forums only gets you so far. A good example is the suggestion to never over jump and land as quickly as possible. The truth is it depends. Sometimes it's better to over jump, or power slide a turn. If you're not one of the "fast guys", try watching those who are or ask for input while practicing.
I'm the fastest guy in the clubs I drive but never fast enough. Only real opponent is myself, I try to race as if I was alone but my spirit doesn't always make it happen

It's all about self confidence, this is where I have to progress because the skills are almost there (I can be in the national top 3 in quals but still making too many mistakes in the finals). Keep in mind Belgium is a small country so it is not representative at all of a general level, I would be a newbie in the US

thanks kodak because this subject is also about providing tricks to the drivers